November has been yet another month of progress and growth for LEAP. We have many projects and opportunities in the pipeline and we look forward to sharing more in the coming months! For now, here are some of the major updates for the month of November.
- Caritas Commons: Our 14-unit homeownership community has hit the ground running and construction is taking place! We anticipate that the first phase of Caritas will be completed in early 2021. Caritas will provide the first homes for homeownership available in Boise under the LEAP Housing Trust, which will keep the homes perpetually affordable. If you or anyone you know are interested in purchasing an affordable home, visit our website!
- The Aries duplex: This affordable housing duplex in Nampa is near completion! We are excited to get two more families housed in December. Applications are now available for those interested in applying. You can find information about the Aries application process here.
- Welcome Housing: All three of our Welcome Housing condos are occupied! Due to the decrease of resettlement in the past year, we transitioned to a longer term rental housing option for families that are already in Boise and needing an affordable rental home.
As the holiday season nears, we are so impressed with the ways in which our community is stepping up to help us in our mission.
- Alternative Gift Market: Boise First Congregational United Church of Christ is partnering with LEAP this year for their Alternative Gift Market for those who want to give back this holiday season! We had a blast presenting virtually to the congregation on November 22nd. You can learn more about UCC’s Alternative Gift Market on their website.
- Amazon Smile: Another opportunity to give back during this Holiday season is to use Amazon Smile to do your Black Friday and holiday shopping! Click on this link and choose LEAP Charities, Inc. as your preferred charity to donate 0.5% of your shopping total, at no additional cost to you. It’s that simple!
- Rake-Up Boise: This month LEAP also partnered up with Property People and Neighborworks Boise to participate in Rake-up Boise! This event takes place every year and we always look forward to serving alongside our partners and friends.
Although 2020 took an unexpected turn for all of us, we have had a momentous year! Thank you for your continuous support. Be sure to look out for new updates coming soon, and get connected with us on social media in the meantime.