Welcome Housing provides a better beginning for newly arrived refugees through temporary housing, hospitality, and relationship building.
Upon arrival to Boise, guests head straight for a Welcome House from the airport. Families stay for an average of 23 days in a furnished home on the Boise bench with a host family living next door until an apartment is found. At half the cost of a hotel, families save $1,200 on average in Welcome Housing. Cumulatively, our guests have avoided 1,817 nights staying in a hotel.
Benefits of Welcome Housing include:
- Clean, furnished, 2 bed, 2 bath home
- Welcoming host family next door
- Wifi and flip phone provided
- $1,200 savings per family
- Orientation to American housing/renting
- Caring interpreters
- Connection to additional resources (warm clothes, shoes, toys, books, English practice, etc.)
- Community building with other guests living nearby
- Friendship building with local Boise families
LEAP owns and operates 3 Welcome Housing condos on the Boise Bench to welcome Boise's newest residents.
Are you interested in learning more about refugee resettlement in Boise or getting involved in Welcome Housing?
“Feeling welcome is so important because if you don’t feel welcome you feel fear, and fear is a barrier to integration. Welcome Housing gives a first impression. My clients know that this is an affordable service, and when they are provided with a home, and a greeting, and financial relief--this makes them feel acceptable in Boise. This allows them to take steps to integrate faster in Boise.”